Centralized Monitoring Solution using the Elastic Observability stack
Did you ever experience a service not running for three days without you knowing? Have you been notified by your business or customer that your system was not working correctly? Can you quickly diagnose the root cause of a problem without the need to log in on multiple systems? IT is important as a key business enabler. As IT Operations you need to be in control. You don’t want to be pointed to a problem by your end-users or your customers.
An IT landscape exists of many applications
Every application has its own way of logging and monitoring. Having all your logging data centrally stored enables you to have a clear overview of your data and makes it easier to secure. Data stored in one central place makes it a single source of truth. The whole organization looks at the same data in the same way. Complex alerts and machine learning are made possible with more coverage of monitoring data.
This allows an organization to use that data for a high level (business) dashboard with KPI based information and more detailed IT Ops dashboards to quickly find any problems and their causes.
The Devoteam approach
- Analyze, Analyse the components of the IT landscape. Which applications are connected to which? Which sources are a priority to monitor first?
- Collect, Set up the Elastic stack. Create a data ingestion pipeline and start filling Elasticsearch with data. Start small and expand by adding more and more data sources.
- Build, Create dashboards and alerts. Discuss with stakeholders if the monitoring solution meets their requirements. Adapt where needed.
- Deliver, Deliver monitoring solutions bit by bit. Focus on getting all components of a single application covered, and expand onwards to other applications.
- Training & Coaching, If you would like to manage your Centralized Monitoring platform, our consultants provide ongoing coaching and training to guide your sustained success!
Challenges that Enterprises face in day to day operations
No centralized overview
No centralized overview on how and what is monitored by external suppliers
notifications by the end-user
Get notified by the end-user that services are not working correct
Lack of control
Find out about an issue regarding a certain service after 3 days
Always catching up
Working reactive instead of proactive
No real time overview
Using non real time dashboards, no clear view of the current state
Lack of experience
Lack of end user experience in using monitoring data
How do we create value for your business?
First we need data to work with and use Elastic Beat or Logstash to collect the information. After that the data needs to be ‘shaped’ and ingested into Elasticsearch. This is where the data is indexed and prepared for usage.
With this we can start to discover, analyse and visualize the data and create value for any part of your business. Whether this is for IT, Ops, DevOps, SIEM, APM, etc.
We utilize the many tools within Kibana to provide an in-depth view and understanding of:
- Application and Services – APM
- Availability of hosts, network device(s) or third party services, Website, and API monitoring – Uptime
Depending on your requirements the Elastic Observability Stack can be operated On-Premise, Public Cloud or as a SaaS solution.
What are the benefits for your company?
- Centralized Monitoring, logging and data overview
- Data overview in maintainable and user friendly dashboards
- Shared data insights between Business and DevOps teams
- Possibility to proactively stop potential services affecting problems
- Less critical / user impacting incidents
- Business continuity and Operations control
- Increase in uptime, end user experience, performance and revenue
- The Elastic subscription model that fits your requirement
Ready to take the next step to Centralized Monitoring?
At Devoteam, we believe it is crucial to be in control of your IT Landscape and Business Operations. We see centralized monitoring as the #1 solution to get you in charge. We do this with Elastic, our trusted partner, and market leader in monitoring solutions. Together, we apply value-adding technology at scale, with a proven track-record at customers such as Renewi and De Watergroep. At Devoteam we shape technology for people.
Want to improve your overview with observability?
We can help you to overcome your challenges Discover all playgrounds.
December 1, 2022
ElasticON 2022: our key takeaways
On Tuesday the 22nd of November, a group of Devoteam…Read more
November 25, 2022
ElasticON: New era is coming for search!
On the 22nd of November, Elastic had its biggest event…Read more
November 22, 2022
Elastic Tech Meetup about Advanced Watchers & Semantich Search
On Monday, November 21, we hosted an awesome meetup at…Read more
September 9, 2022
Data enrichment in Elasticsearch with the ingest pipeline
Many organizations are using Elastic tools with Logstash in their…Read more
August 26, 2022
Insightful experiences with ELK-stack upgrade to v8.x
In this blog, we are describing our experiences, process, and…Read more
July 4, 2022
Searching Google Drive with Elastic Workplace Search
What is Elastic Workplace and why is it important? With…Read more
June 27, 2022
Audit Logging at ‘De Watergroep’
With Elastic Audit Logging, you can keep track of security-related…Read more
June 20, 2022
Tech Friday: Deep Dive into Elastic Security
In the month of June, we had our monthly meeting,…Read more
June 1, 2022
The upgrade to Elastic V8.0
Elastic 8.0 comes with enhanced speed, scale, relevance and simplicity….Read more
May 12, 2022
Tech Friday: Exploring Elastic App Search & discussing new opportunities
On the 29th of April, at the Devoteam office in…Read more
May 3, 2022
Tech Friday: Exploring new features of Elastic
Friday April 1st, it was time for our 3rd Elastic…Read more