“The migration of Friesland Bank to Rabobank required high standards for managing and monitoring of the ICT infrastructure and a great flexibility of the employees. Devoteam has made a significant contribution to the final result and has proven to be a professional organization, with dedicated staff.” – Friesland Bank
Remote Support for Friesland Bank APM Solution
For support and monitoring of their application infrastructure, processes and performance Friesland Bank relied on IBM Tivoli Monitoring software.
Due to the takeover of all business by Rabobank, several IT positions became obsolete because current application functionality would be migrated into the Rabobank application landscape.
While many employees left Friesland Bank, the company faced a shortage of expertise to support the APM Solution as well as an increased risk in continuity, as there was not enough monitoring expertise available to support the control bridge and their suppliers.
Contribution of Devoteam
Devoteam assisted Friesland Bank by supplying consultancy, implementation and support responsibility activities for the APM solution. Most activities related to their ITIL implementation.
- Application, system and performance monitoring and event handling advice;
- Installation and configuration of the APM solution and associated components within the Friesland Bank change process;
- Third line expertise team to handle calls, incidents and problems;
- Monitor and periodically evaluate the Disaster Recovery / Back-up scenarios;
The long-standing partnership for monitoring and IT management tooling between Devoteam and Friesland Bank started in 2007. Thanks to the efforts of various Devoteam consultants, Friesland Bank achieved a ‘State of Art’ APM solution.
With this background and collaboration, Friesland Bank was confident to choose Devoteam to fulfill this job. As they said, “The choice quickly made”.
Results and Added value
After a short induction period, in which professionalism and personal attention for the employees and their situation were key, business was fully transferred to Devoteam.
In this period, with use of their experience and expertise on IT management tooling Devoteam achieved the followings goals.
- Devoteam professionals, with their experience and expertise in the field of IT management tooling, achieved the following results;
- Trusted advisor on IBM Tivoli Monitoring software;
- High quality expert advice on APM and monitoring topics;
- Keep track on the APM solution software support and release levels;
- Implementation of monitoring for the data migration to the Rabobank landscape;
- Implementation of APM Solution changes within the Change Time window without service loss;
- Solving calls and incidents within the Service Level Agreement;
- Easily correct functionality after a Disaster Recovery failover or full recovery with minimum continuity loss;
- Proactive and professional third line support to the control bridge and their suppliers.
IBM Software Products involved
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring;
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Applications;
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Microsoft Applications;
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Databases;
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Messaging;
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions;
- Rational Performance Tester;
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring Agent Builder