API management offers security agility and developer engagement but also complete control over data and visibility into the APIs. It enables you to hide the complexity of disparate systems of records/back-end systems and simplifies the delivery of services to an ever-expanding variety of devices, enables business owners to quickly add new features.
Based on experiences, business often struggle to understand the value API management; and expects an answer to some of the questions below;
- Why API management?
- Do I need API management?
- There are many API platform providers in the market, but which one to choose?
And so on…
We see where some organizations have a successful kick-off with their API Programs, on-boards initial use cases, but struggle and sometimes fail to continue the program due to the lack of understanding, awareness, and adoption within developer community with-in/out organization.
One of the possible ways to overcome these challenges by having an API Evangelist who listens to both business units and developers while maintaining open communication to ensure everyone is on the same page. API Evangelist is to be a bridge between business units, developer and architects.
How can Devoteam help?
- We guide you in your journey to bring API solutions to your business by aligning with and contributing to your enterprise digital strategy.
- We’re building relationships with the business units and developers to promote and accelerate the adoption of APIs.
- We identify business synergies within the enterprise, where APIs become core ingredients in B2B, B2C, B2E, and B2D, facilitating fast, secure and reliable exchange of data.